Resource allocation is a critical activity for any organization. As such, all organizations should use a rigorous Business Case methodology to drive business decisions. These decisions could include investments for new product projects, market expansion, marketing programs, capital improvements, or other investments to support and grow the business. This workshops steps participants through the challenge of understanding the key business and strategic drivers, which include the marketplace, financial motivation, operational issues, etc., so that they can reach the most realistic, strategically aligned conclusions, on which recommendations will be made.
- Measure the efficiency of your current state
- Document the needs of your stakeholders or your "business requirements”
- Measure the gap between your current state and the needs of your stakeholders
- Evaluate "cost” vs. "benefits”
- Position your request for funding