The purpose of this program workshop is to step your team through the development of an operational business plan. Using your own organisational context or a case study approach, participants learn and undertake the process and undertake an organisational SWOT analysis as the foundation for translating strategy into implementation. Once the foundation is in place participants layer in detailed and quantifiable actions to accomplish organisational goals of revenue and profit growth. The final step will be how to put in place a monthly operational process to ensure attainment of the goals, or where necessary, mid-course adjustments.
- Outline of the strategic and operational planning processes
- Develop objectives for the business unit / work team from the broader strategic plans
- Develop metrics for each objective that link the objectives to the strategy
- Develop an operational plan that includes specific results that link to the intended strategy and show how these help achieve the strategic intent
- Use of planning templates to document the operational plans
- Clarify goals and critical success factors
- Build an operational planning framework to accomplish organisational goals
- Determine resource requirements before implementation
- Set up an effective review process.
- Measuring the achievement of plans at various levels