Workforce planning is the process of strategically aligning the critical functions of an organisation with the talents of the individuals available to perform the work. ODR's comprehensive workforce planning approach considers and review how to map the direction that current trends and behaviours are taking the workforce, and discover techniques for describing the workforce required to achieve business strategy.
- Identify and quantify workforce issues
- Source, understand and interpret workforce information
- Develop strategies and tools to overcome typical barriers to effective workforce planning
- Develop workforce solutions in collaboration with managers
- Raise the profile of workforce planning and integrate into agency planning process
- Present a compelling business case.
- Identify future demand requirements
- Identify current capability and capacity and conduct gap analysis
- Develop a strategy for maintaining sufficient capability and capacity
- Review organisation design
- Develop, implement and review organisational design strategies
- Formulate strategic diversity priorities for the organisation
- Influence organisational culture