This program explores the core skills and attitudes needed by managers to help their staff grow and achieve their full potential. It explores the structures needed to build an effective mentoring relationship, as well as the issues that can arise during the process.
Highly interactive with practise in some of the key discussions through role play, case studies and simulation. There are also plenty of tips on the techniques of successful mentoring.
- Understand the mentoring role and why it must be earned and not conferred.
- Create a supportive environment for your mentee, ensuring there are easily accessible routes to your knowledge and advice.
- Know the expectations and limitations of your newly developed relationship and adopt a facilitative approach to assisting and providing support.
- Devise an accurate Workshop Needs Analysis system and adopt an appropriate workshop approach to bring the best out of the individual.
- Guide your protégé to realise their own potential
- Show genuine concern and interest in both professional and personal issues in a way that has a positive impact on performance.
- Maintain a realistic and practical approach to the problems your mentee encounters.