For those who find it difficult to fit professional and personal development into their busy schedules, ODR offers e-Learning; a viable and effective method that leverages the internet to deliver anytime/anywhere learning to individual or corporate learners. We offer three levels of courses providing options for your learning requirements and budget.
This free overview explains to new e-learners some of the benefits, challenges and expectations of studying online. You will be taken through the login proces to experience the online environment.
This free Level 2 course provides an example of the layout, content and delivery of our online courses. It is not intended to be a complete course on Transactional Analysis, rather an overview of some of the elements so that you can trial our elearning resources.
A core structure for understanding human behaviours and improving interpersonal relationships is explored. Through exposure to the principles of Transactional Analysis (TA), participants learn various approaches to interact more effectively with bosses, peers, subordinates, superiors and customers as well as significant others.
Enhance social intelligence and work productivity. Create collaborative relationships and engage others to break old patterns and develop solutions to resolve people and work issues.
- Understand self and others better in relation to the team.
- Learn how a person's behaviour influences communication transactions.
- Enhance communication through effective communication.
- Stay effective in difficult and challenging situations at work.
- Motivate staff members for greater effectiveness.
- Manage personal stress at work.
- Identify unhealthy and unproductive behaviour that can affect team work and collaboration.
- Understand the dynamics of games people play.
- Understand your work styles in stressful situations.
You will need to log into our Learning Management System as a guest view the course.
You'll be taken to a screen where a Flash version of the course is loaded. You can access a free Flash player here.
Personal Branding is identifying your assets, characteristics, strengths and skills as an individual. Its a mix of how you present yourself and how others see you. It's an important strategy for managing how others perceive you and what opportunities you are provided given others' understanding of how you are positioned. Understanding and utilising your Personal Branding will enable significant advantages in your personal and professional lives.
Completing this Level 2 elearning course will enable you to share a clear vision of your preferred direction and passions with others in your company. You will explore how to utilise Social Media to define and influence how others see you. You are your brand so protect it. Live it.
- Define your image.
- Control your image.
- Understand how to sharpen your brand.
- Use social media appropriately.
- Manage your brand in a crisis.
- Develop a professional appearance.
While a training program on workplace manners and courtesy may seem like overkill, the reality is: rudeness is an epidemic costing industry millions a year. Indeed, what society seems to be gaining in terms of both knowledge and technological advancement, it's losing out on basic social values that directly impact the bottom line.
To address the growing problem of incivility in the work setting, this workshop introduces the concept of civility, its importance to a company, as well as its typical causes and effects. Skills needed to effectively practice civil behavior, as well as different ways organizations can systematize civility in the workplace will also be discussed. The benefits to Civility In The Workplace are countless and will pay off immensely in every aspect of your job.
- Define civility, understand its causes, and enumerate at least three of its behavioral indicators.
- Understand the costs of incivility, as well as the rewards of civility, within the workplace.
- Learn practical ways of practicing workplace etiquette.
- Learn the basic styles of conflict resolution.
- Learn skills in diagnosing the causes of uncivil behaviour.
- Understand the role of forgiveness and conflict resolution.
- Understand the different elements of effective communication.
- Learn facilitative communication skills such as listening and appreciative inquiry.
- Learn specific interventions that can be utilized when there's conflict within the workplace.
- Learn a recommended procedure for systematizing civil behavior within the workplace.
Webinars are a great inexpensive way to reach a large number of people. Webinars are great tools if you want to market a new or improved product, train employees, demonstrate a new task, or have a meeting with employees located throughout the globe. Being an interactive form of media, Webinars provides a great environment for these activities and so much more.
Creating a Great Webinar is all about providing a great interaction between the presenter and the audience. Your participants will develop the skills needed to promote, host, or facilitate a great Webinar for your company. Sharing your passion and knowledge with a Webinar is the best way to reach many with the power of one.
• Define webinars and their purpose
• Choose the best formats
• Prepare for webinars
• Avoid common mistakes
• Understand how to interact with the target audience
• Follow up successfully
This unit covers the skills and knowledge required to manage projects within a work/life skills context. It has particular relevance for managers of human resources or diversity programs, frontline managers and specialist consultants responsible for promoting a balance between work demands and personal life.
Delivering a great presentation starts with making sure you have properly prepared a great presentation. If you have put in the time to plan and prepare a presentation, then it is time to get ready to deliver it. This Level 1 elearning course will step you through the process of ensuring you deliver effective presentations from managing yourself, you information, your room through to your audience.
- Arranging ideas in logical order
- Oral presentation techniques
- Written presentation techniques
- Plan and prepare a presentation
- Researching information
- Audience considerations
- Checking, rewriting and reviewing
- Delivery techniques
- Voice, body language, seating arrangements
- Controlling nerves
- Engaging the audience
- Handling questions
- Follow up and evaluation
- Audience Feedback
Meetings in the workplace are vital for effective communication. If a meeting is run properly, it saves time, increase productivity and motivation as well as effective problem solving. This Level 1 elearning is designed to provide the learners with the skills and knowledge to hold effective meetings in the workplace.
- When to have a meeting
- Developing an agenda
- Meeting style and structure
- Setting up a meeting
- Meetings in progress
- Roles and regulation
- Minutes and monitoring
- Managing difficult situations
- Dealing with conflict
Business Acumen is all about seeing the big picture and recognizing that all decisions no matter how small can have an effect on the bottom line. Through our Business Acumen course you will improve your judgment and decisiveness skills together with your financial literacy and business sense.
Business Acumen will give you an advantage everyone wishes they had. The course will help you recognize learning opportunities, manage risk better, and increase your critical thinking. Business Acumen has the ability to influence your whole organization, and provide that important additional edge that will lead to success.
OUTCOMES• Know how to see the big picture
• Develop a risk management strategy
• Know how to practice financial literacy
• Develop critical thinking
• Practice management acumen
• Find key financial levers
Can you tell if someone is telling the truth just by looking at them? Body language is a form of non-verbal communication, which consists of body posture, gestures, facial expressions, and eye movements. Humans send and interpret such signals almost entirely subconsciously.
It is a skill that a lot of people do not have. Through Body Language Basics you will be given a set of tools to use to your advantage. These tools can be utilized in the office and at home. Understanding Body Language will provide you a great advantage in your daily communications.
Body Language Basics will provide you with a great set of skills to understand that what is not said is just as important than what is said. It will also give you the ability to see and understand how your own Body Language is being seen. You will be able to adjust and improve the way you communicate through non-verbal communications.
• Define body language.
• Understand the benefits and purpose of interpreting body language.
• Learn to interpret basic body language movements.
• Recognize common mistakes when interpreting body language.
• Understand your own body language and what you are communicating.
• Practice your body language skills.
Delivering Constructive Criticism is one of the most challenging things for anyone. In this course you will gain valuable knowledge and skills that will assist you with this challenging task. When an employee commits to an action that requires feedback or criticism it needs to be handled in a very specific way.
Constructive Criticism if done correctly will provide great benefits to your organization. It provides the ability for management to nullify problematic behaviors and develop well rounded and productive employees. Constructive feedback shows an employee that management cares about them and will invest time and effort into their careers.
We all appreciate hearing about how we are perceived when it is delivered constructively and we have the opportunity to respond in kind.
OUTCOMES• Understand when feedback should take place
• Learn how to prepare and plan to deliver constructive criticism
• Determine the appropriate atmosphere in which it should take place
• Identify the proper steps to be taken during the session
• Know how emotions and certain actions can negatively impact the effects of the session
• Recognize the importance of setting goals and the method used to set them
• Uncover the best techniques for following up with the employee after the session
This Level 1 elearning course covers the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to gather, organise, analyse and present information. Learners complete project tasks for a simulated business or a real workplace.
- Develop a business brief
- Planning and structuring
- Style and format
- The reader
- Your role
- Action planning and timelines
- Research needs and objectives
- Determining the methodology
- Conducting the research
- Structuring the report
- Using technology and presenting professionally
- Testing the report and distributing it
- Seeking feedback
This Level 1 elearning explores various aspects of communication in the workplace
that impact on how effectively we are able to interact with other people to get our message across and to understand theirs. Its focus is for people working in a professional environment who may also interact with clients, customers or other external groups such as suppliers or contractors. There is some focus on equity groups, communicating with people with visual or hearing impairments, and differences in cultural conventions.
- The principles of communications
- Establishing rapport
- Non-verbal communication
- Verbal communication
- Effective listening
- Telephone communication
- Persuasive communication
- Barriers to effective communication
- Feedback and maintaining contact
- Information management
As a team leader, you need to have good working relationships with the people around you. What does that mean? Usually people we work well with are ones who we trust, and who we have confidence in. This Level 1 elearning explores what it takes to develop trust in others.
- deal with people openly and fairly
- identify different interpersonal styles
- Communication with your team
- mentor and coach individuals and teams
- keep records about things that you and your team have agreed to do
In this Level 1 elearning course leaders and team members explore those elements that make up an effective team, their preferred style and role, the role of the leader and team members and how they contribute to ensuring the effectiveness of their team.
- Teamworks skills and communication
- Communication barriers
- What is discrimination and harassment
- Teamwork resources
- What makes a good team
- Decision making
- Managing conflict
- Being a team player
- Building team relationships
- Lead a team
- Your leadership style
- Staff strengths and weaknesses
- Improving performance
- Stages of appraisal
- Team meetings
- Build trust in team situations
- Behaviours that build and those that destroy trust
- Planning to achieve team objectives
This level 1 elearning course encompasses the competencies involved in planning work schedules, monitoring work performance, and assessing and coordinating professional development. Materials include: information, activities, self tests, reference list and example business case studies.
- Identify work priorities
- Planning your own work schedule
- Factors affecting work objectives
- Short term and long term planning
- Monitor your work performance
- Coordinate professional development
- Planning your work schedule
- Planning aids and technology
- Needs of your customers; internal and external
- Effect of resources
- Work patterns and objectives
- Owning your work objectives
- Contingency planning
- Effective work group plans
- Performance appraisal
In a workplace, with people from a range of cultures, ages, gender and personality, conflict is inevitable. You'll often be confronted with difficult situations that will need your intervention to resolve so that your staff can move on and get the job done.
This Level 1 elearning will help equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to turn a difficult situation into a positive one.
- identify problems in the workplace
- manage poor work performance, while adhering to your organisation's policies and procedures
- manage conflict constructively.
This Level 1 elearning covers the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to determine the development needs and to facilitate the development of staff. Learners complete project tasks for a simulated business or a real workplace.
- Identify the development needs of staff
- Current trends in organisations
- Organisational requirements driving staff development
- Characteristics of an effective team
- Workplace culture, norms and values
- Develop a learning plan
- Monitor and modify learning plans
- Implement programs and opportunities for development
- Activities and support materials
- Timelines and recourse
- Coaching and mentoring
- Monitoring team performance
- Dealing with diversity and conflict
- Evaluating achievement and presenting evaluation results
This interactive self-paced Level 1 elearning program introduces the foundational knowledge and skills of Project Management. Participants are provided an overview of the tools, techniques and practices relevant and immediately applicable to any workplace or project.
The essential disciplines required to meet timelines, quality standards, budgetary limits for effective project management are introduced.
At the end of the course participants will have acquired and applied the technical and procedural knowledge and skills utilizing a set of fundamental methods and tools so they can successfully undertake their first projects.
Get ready to manage a project
- Develop a project scope to identify project requirements identifying relevant stakeholders, project limitations, project parameters, team members responsibilities and financial objectives.
Make the project happen
- Manage your team effectively and ensure responsibilities and requirements of the project are clear.
- Develop, maintain and monitor record keeping systems.
- Maintain Risk Management to ensure project outcomes are met.
Close the project and reflect on it
- Review project documentation and record keeping to ensure accuracy.
- Reflect upon and document lessons learnt from the project for organisational record keeping.
Event management is a multi-million dollar industry which is growing at the rate of 150% per annum with events being hosted almost daily. Organizing a perfectly synchronized, well planned, well conducted and memorable event requires the supervision and services of well trained and experienced event professionals. Therefore event management companies are always on a look out for event professionals. The Success of an event manger depends upon how well he organized the event and to which extent he is able to achieve event and marketing objectives.
When the pressure is on to meet event deadlines, the manager needs to be consistent, efficient and effective in managing his team.
- Develop the confidence and skills to successfully organize an event/conference or international meeting.
- Identify and avoid possible pitfalls. Plan a critical path for an event. Manage the budget.
- Negotiate effectively with suppliers and sponsors Plan for and handle the unexpected. Build an effective team.
- Evaluate the success of the event.
This Level 1 elearning specifies the outcomes required to plan and manage the introduction and facilitation of change. Particular emphasis is on the development of creative and flexible approaches, and on managing emerging opportunities and challenges.
- The manager contributes effectively to the organisation's planning processes to introduce and facilitate change
- Plans to introduce change are made in consultation with appropriate stakeholders
- The organisation's objectives and plans to introduce change are communicated effectively to individuals and team
- A variety of approaches to managing workplace issues and problems are identified and analysed
- Risks are identified and assessed, and action initiated to manage these to achieve a recognised benefit or advantage to the organisation
- The workplace is managed in a way which promotes the development of innovative approaches and outcomes
- Creative and responsive approaches to resource management improve productivity and services, and/or reduce costs
- Individuals and teams are supported to respond effectively and efficiently to changes in the organisation's goals, plans and priorities
- Coaching and mentoring assist individuals and teams to develop competencies to handle change efficiently and effectively
- Opportunities are identified and taken as appropriate, to make adjustments and to respond to the changing needs of customers and the organisation
Information needs of individuals and teams are anticipated and facilitated as part of change implementation and management
- Recommendations for improving the methods and techniques to manage change are identified, evaluated and negotiated with appropriate individuals and groups
This self paced Level 1 elearning covers the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to establish, build and sustain innovative work practices. Learners complete project tasks for a simulated business or a real workplace. Since the overarching project goal at sample organisation is to set up a new branch office, the task of encouraging innovative work practices is critical.
- Review existing procedures
- Lead innovation
- Provide models of innovative practice
- Internal and external drivers for workplace change
- Management innovation
- Leadership, culture and management
- Management styles and the culture of innovation
- Assessing the risk and analysing your situation
- Characteristics that support innovation
- Planned versus reactive
- Supporting and involving others
- Negotiate ways to maximise opportunities for innovation
- Evaluating ideas
- Monitoring and evaluating
- Recording and reporting
- Resourcing innovation
- Organising work to facilitate innovation
- Provide guidance and coaching in innovation
- Assessing the impact
This course explores the outcomes required to collect, analyse and communicate information and to use that information to develop and maintain effective working relationships and networks, with particular regard to communication and representation.
This unit specifies the outcomes required to implement the operational plan by monitoring and adjusting operational performance, producing short-term plans for the department/section, planning and acquiring resources and providing reports on performance as required.
Learn how to implement an organisation's continuous improvement systems and processes. The course places particular emphasis is on using systems and strategies to actively encourage the team to participate in the process, monitoring and reviewing performance, and identifying opportunities for further improvements.
This Level 1 elearning course will provide you with the information you need to manage your business' finances. Your task for this competency is to prepare several documents to illustrate your ability to manage finances. Topics include: keeping the books, financial statements, managing your business cashflow, taxation requirements, and rules and regulations affecting business finances.
This unit is concerned with OHS responsibilities of employees with supervisory responsibilities to implement and monitor an organisation's Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and programs in the relevant work area to meet legislative requirements.
This interactive online workshop specifies the outcomes required to identify risks and apply risk management processes within the operation of an organization.
Participants will be provided with a series of professional business tools for workplace Risk Identification and management processes.
- Learn to identify risks and document records in accordance with relevant policies, procedures and legislation.
Analyse and evaluate risk
- Analyse the causes of risks and determine potential impact, frequency of exposure and risk likelihood.
- Categorise the risks and set priorities.
- Analyse and document processes and outcomes.
- Determine appropriate control measures for risks and assess strengths and weaknesses.
- Monitor risks and identify control measures
- Identify responsibilities and Implement control measures
- Prepare a treatment plan
Monitor and review effectiveness of treatment of risk
- Implement treatments and review against measures of success
- Review results to improve the treatment of risks
- Manage risk in area of operation and monitor and review outcomes
Studying online enables you to access the resources at any time of the day or night that suits you.
This course covers the major components of managing and supporting performance management systems. Day-to-day coaching and informal feedback, leading to regular performance feedback sessions are covered. Specific interventions associated with underperformance and/or misconduct are also included.
This unit covers all aspects of the recruitment selection and induction processes from the perspective of an HR manager responsible for ensuring the organisation undertakes these processes in accordance with predetermined policies and procedures.
The content of this course covers all aspects of separation/termination of an employment contract. It deals with the establishment and maintenance of systems to deal with redeployment, resignation, retirement, dismissal and redundancy, including the conduct of exit interviews.
This content of this course covers the processing and analysis of both workers' compensation and sick leave claims to establish rehabilitation needs and return-to-work programs. It also covers the establishment of these programs and their monitoring, on-going review and evaluation.
Experienced Human Resources professionals and managers frequently encounter complex and potentially high risk situations relating to a variety of Employee Relations issues. This course will assist in cultivating the knowledge, skills and confidence to deal with the array of challenging and realistic workplace circumstances.
In the new global economy, it is more important than ever to understand how culture affects communication and perception. Improving intercultural communication enhances success by bringing varied perspectives and fresh ideas into the workplace. This Level 1 elearning course explores the ways in which we benefit from diversity on the work scene.
- Learn about stereotypes & biases, how to develop and gain insights into one's own perspectives
- Gain effective strategies for removing barriers to diversity in the workplace
- Improve listening and learn effective questioning techniques to communicate more effectively in a diverse population
- Learn the importance of non-verbal communication, both one's own and that of others
- Master ways of encouraging diversity in the workplace while discouraging and preventing discrimination
- Learn how to respond to personal complaints and develop a support system to manage this resolution process in your organisation
- Gain a professional approach to record, analyse and resolve situations involving diversity
- Learn how to create a mechanism of prevention to reduce negative or discriminating situations and prevent future occurrences
This learning resource provides advice on delivering service to customers. Customer service is where an organisation or supplier meets the needs of a customer as efficiently and courteously as possible.
When you think of employee motivation, many things may come to mind: more money, a bigger office, a promotion, or a better quality of life. The truth is, no matter what we offer people, true motivation must come from within. Regardless of how it is characterized, it is important to get the right balance in order to ensure that you have a motivated workforce.
This course will give participants several types of tools to become a great motivator, including goal setting and influencing skills. Participants will also learn about five of the most popular motivational models, and how to bring them together to create a custom program.
OUTCOMES• Defining motivation, an employer's role in it and how the employee can play a part
• Identifying the importance of Employee Motivation
• Identifying methods of Employee Motivation
• Describing the theories which pertain to Employee Motivation - with particular reference to psychology
• Identifying personality types and how they fit into a plan for Employee Motivation.
• Setting clear and defined goals.
• Identifying specific issues in the field, and addressing these issues and how to maintain this going forward.
Performance Management is making sure the employee and the organization are focused on the same priorities. It touches on the organization itself by improving production and reducing waste. It helps the employee or individual set and meet their goals and improves the employee manager relationship. The key in keeping an organization and employee aligned, which improves performance and productivity, is Performance Management.
When changes occur Performance Management helps the transition to be smoother and less hectic. It helps the organization and employee have a stream-lined relationship which improves communication and interactions between the two groups. It will help close any gaps that exist in an employee's skill-set and make them a more valuable employee through feedback and coaching.
- Define performance management.
- Understand how performance management works and the tools to make it work.
- Learn the three phases of project management and how to assess it.
- Discuss effective goal-setting.
- Learn how to give feedback on performance management.
- Identify Kolb's Learning Cycle.
- Recognize the importance of motivation.
- Develop a performance journal and performance plan.
This learning object covers the knowledge and skills required to work safely by understanding the workplace health and safety legislation and working effectively & sustainably in the workplace.
This free Level 1, self-paced elearning course will provide you with basic theoretical knowledge in the sphere of statistical methods and procedures used by performing analyses on concrete data of economic or biotechnological character.
The course is supported by standard software tools (especially Microsoft Excel).
For the small business owner starting up or wanting to improve their skills, build and grow their business. This Level 1 elearning course provides the required competencies in planning for growth, managing operations, finance and marketing.