Delivering Constuctive Criticism
Delivering Constructive Criticism is one of the most challenging things for anyone. In this course you will gain valuable knowledge and skills that will assist you with this challenging task. When an employee commits to an action that requires feedback or criticism it needs to be handled in a very specific way.
Constructive Criticism if done correctly will provide great benefits to your organization. It provides the ability for management to nullify problematic behaviors and develop well rounded and productive employees. Constructive feedback shows an employee that management cares about them and will invest time and effort into their careers.
We all appreciate hearing about how we are perceived when it is delivered constructively and we have the opportunity to respond in kind.
OUTCOMES• Understand when feedback should take place
• Learn how to prepare and plan to deliver constructive criticism
• Determine the appropriate atmosphere in which it should take place
• Identify the proper steps to be taken during the session
• Know how emotions and certain actions can negatively impact the effects of the session
• Recognize the importance of setting goals and the method used to set them
• Uncover the best techniques for following up with the employee after the session