In understanding your role as a Key Account Manager it is important to distinguish between customers and Key Accounts.
Where the distinction is clearly understood, Key Account Managers are usually more successful in developing these high potential businesses, if for no other reason than that they recognise a different approach needs to be adopted.
- Key Account Assessment
- Targeting the marketing mix
- Developing and sustaining the relationship
- Coaching the sale
- Building the funnel and closing schedules
- Key Account planning and monitoring
- Influencing and persuading senior managers