Being promoted to a higher level of responsibility, means you must move beyond technical expertise and rely on and utilize management and leadership skills. This course allows you to assess your own leadership potential, map a career management path and identify developmental opportunities to enhance your leadership competencies and potential. You will identify where you fit on the leadership spectrum and develop practical strategies to improve your leadership skills.
This course is best suited for you if you are a new manager or plan to move into management within the next year. It is a complete leadership competency development program engages participants in learning related tasks that the participant is coached to put into practice in the leadership situation.
- Each session is an intense action learning experience that includes interactive exercises and tasks
- Short lectures and presentations models of effective leadership based on real experience and practical research
- Skills development exercises and action plans for easy implementation and transfer to the workplace
- Practice opportunities Surveys and assessment tools
- Identify leadership behaviors--as measured by the Leadership Effectiveness Inventory
- Identify signature strengths and bridging strategies for effectiveness gaps
- Clarify and communicate your authenticity through giving voice to your fundamental values and beliefs
- Set an example for others by aligning your actions with shared values
- Set your vision of the future and inspire others to share a common vision
- Identify opportunities to improve and experiment with innovative ideas
- Learn problem solving and decision making and identify and eliminate root cause
- Build collaboration, teamwork, and trust and strengthen the ability of others to excel
- Recognize the accomplishments of others
This program is designed as a developmental journey that takes a participants through the task, roles and relationships of leadership. You'll be invited to undertake a project that puts learning into action and reflect and refine your approach to fit the requirements of your leadership situation.