Specifically designed for the busy manager who wants to get ahead in their career and who needs to get to grips with a business program in a time and cost effective manner.
It is designed to give you a thorough overview of the strategic aspects of business and the way that each function interlinks; planning the business (strategic thinking); doing the business (operations management); managing the business (people and resources); marketing the business; financing the business and managing change.
- Use the skills of a strategic manager in addition to those of an operational manager.
- Understand the strategic planning process.
- Set appropriate business objectives that supports those of the organisation.
- Manage and motivate your department/team and maintain their commitment.
- Work more closely and effectively with senior colleagues.
- Create and communicate a clear direction of your team.
- Apply a personal action and development plan in the workplace that makes a difference.
- Create and assess strategic options using a practical strategic tool set.
- Manage costs strategically and operationally.
- Use a variety of management tools and techniques to manage people and resources.
- Manage change and motivate others to follow your lead.
- Balance long-term vs. short-term goals.
- Understand what to prioritise, implement and manage